The Friends of Merri Creek are running a grassland bird survey on February 18 along different sections of the Merri Creek in Melbourne. Volunteers are greatly appreciated!
When: Sun, 18 February 2018, 8:45am – 10:30am
Where: Bird surveys will be held at seven sites along Merri Creek as listed below.
- Egan Reserve - Harding St - Strettle Reserve - Normanby Ave: Meet at the bluestone steps at the end of The Grove, East Coburg (Melway 30 A3)
- Edwardes Lake: Meet at the playground adjacent to Griffiths Street, Reservoir (Melway 18 E5)
- CERES - Moreland Rd: Meet at the seats on the Merri Path at the rear of CERES, East Brunswick (Melway 30 B7)
- Merri Park and Phillips Reserve: Meet at the end of Victoria Street, East Brunswick, at the BBQ shelter (Melway 30 B8)
- Hall Reserve - Yarra Bend Park: Meet at the Rotunda, Hall Reserve, Clifton Hill (Melway 2D D1)
- Galada Tamboore: Meet at the end of Hatty Court, Campbellfield (Melway 7 K6)
- Galgi Ngarrk (Craigieburn Grasslands): Meet at the O’Herns Road gate off Hume Highway, Somerton (Melway 180 E6)
To RSVP contact Ann McGregor on 0429 386 102. BYO binoculars if possible, and beginners are welcome. Free leaflets on Merri birds (normally $2) are available for all participants. For more Information click here.
Also check out this article on the work on Friends of Merri Creek.